A mommy blog all about great products for mommy and baby.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Dairy Free Desert

I have been on a restricted diet lately because of my son's potential allergy to cow's milk.  When I visited my family in Idaho they became very creative with our meals to allow for my new non-dairy diet.  We experimented with coconut "ice cream".  It was actually very tasty and much better than the rice milk or soy milk brands that I have tried.  My sister sent this yummy recipe to me recently.  Be sure to check the chocolate chip package their are some with milk products and some without.  I hope all you vegans (and non-vegans) out there try this out and enjoy it!

Coffee Chocolate Chip Coconut Milk Ice Cream
3c (about 2 cans) canned unsweetened coconut milk
2T instant espresso or instant coffee granules (I used decaf)
6T agave syrup
1tsp vanilla extract
1/2c-3/4c mini-chocolate chips

1) In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients together.
2) Transfer to frozen bowl of ice cream maker and make according to manufacturer’s instructions.
3) After 10 minutes, add mini-chocolate chips, and continue cycle until adequately frozen (about 30 minutes, total).
4) Store in freezer. (Duh, it’s ice cream!) :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment